Tuesday, 20th Mar 2012
I got myself super excited about the Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex because, well, I am obsessed with my wrinkles and the idea of relaxing them is one I am all about!
|Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex|
However, I was even more excited about this particular product because not only does it claim to instantly reduce the appearance lines and wrinkles (in a fabbie blurry kind of way – blur is good) but also to intensely hydrate and treat the skin with a powerful cocktail of actives. The best of both worlds hey?
Well, I have been using it and loving it so I thought I would show you some pics to demonstrate what it does for me…
This first photo is my lightly moisturised, naked skin. You’ll see that my wrinkles are worse on the right side of the pic and that my pores appear enlarged – hate my pores!
|Before Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex|
This next photo is with the Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex applied lightly and concentrated mainly on the eye area and over the skin with enlarged pores – they are not wrinkles I know, but I hate them just as much, so wanted to see what the complex could do for that! I waited a few minutes before taking this shot.
|After Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex|
As you can see, it really really smoothed the appearance of the wrinkles and really blurs out the visible pores. I think with a bit of fake tan in the summer, I’d be happy to leave it at this and go base free! Well maybe a touch of concealer here and there!
And just so you can see how it looks under foundation, here’s a snap of that too! This is one of my faves, Diorskin Forever which I really love. It works beautifully on top of the Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex.
|Before Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex , with foundation.|
And did you know that hydrated and supple skin is more resistant to the formation of wrinkles? I had never thought about it, but it totally makes sense.
It’s not just the look of this product that I love, but that it is also working on my wrinkles and tone of my skin in the longer term, plus boosting my hydration levels and preventing new wrinkles. Yay!
Here are the key ingredients that do this:
- Peptide (PAL-KTTKS) – helps to stimulate the skin’s natural repair mechanism by increasing collagen production and protecting its structure against harmful free radicals
- Optical micro-fillers – a combination of 4 different particles of 3 sizes to give an immediate, visual reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Olay Intense Moisturisers – hydrate and plump skin helping smooth and even out its appearance
- Niacinamide – helps strengthen skin’s barrier function and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone and reduce red blotchiness
- Vitamin E and Pro-Vitamin B5 – help to fortify and protect the skin’s surface
- Peptamide Y6 – a bio-peptide extracted from yeast fermentation which helps to improve skin’s elasticity by keeping it hydrated
Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex costs £29.99 and because you only use a small pump, it will last a good while. But quick!! It is currently on offer at Superdrug for £19.99, so now’s the time to try it if you’re thinking about it.
I just love the 2 pronged attack – instant fix and long term treat! Fab!
Have you tried this yet? What other wrinkle blurrers do you like?