Wednesday, 6th Jun 2012
|Famous Dave Self Tan Wipes|
One of the self tan products that gets a big thumbs up from me is the Famous Dave Self Tanning Mousse Gold Edition. You can read that review here.
I was really interested to try these Self Tan Wipes from Famous Dave because I love the idea of a ‘tan in a packet’, minimal mess and no tanned up mitts to wash out after.
Overall I really rather liked these wipes. I have done 2 whole body applications and have one wipe left in the pack. Because I have just a couple of little reservations about these, I am going to break this up into pros and cons.
- Easy to store and travel with
- Mess and fuss free
- Minimal fake tan smell
- Dried instantly
- Fast tan development, 3-4 hours
- Lovely natural golden colour that seems to get better before it starts to fade
- Even fade
- Lasts 3-4 days before fade begins
- Need 2 wipes for full body and there are only 5 in a pack
- There is no colour guide so tricky to see where you have tanned, which mean the finish was a little streaky in places
- The wipe dries out a bit so there’s the worry that some areas will get more tanned than others
I think that any streakiness was more noticeable because I did this on really (REALLY) white skin. It would have been much less of a problem had I been topping up an existing natural or fake tan and didn’t have naturally blue skin! Luckily it wasn’t anywhere noticeable in clothes. I am so used to having a colour guide in my tanning products that I have become quite dependent on it.
The next time I did a full body application, the streaky bits evened out well and were less noticeable because I already had tan on my skin.
I would definitely take these wipes on my holidays with me to top up a pre-applied fake tan. The downsides aren’t enough to put me off how amazingly convenient they are, and what a lovely colour they deliver. I am just going to practise non colour guide application more!
Check out Famous Dave online here. A box of wipes cost £9.99 and you get 5.