"Cool becomes more affordable and more accessible than ever".
|Cool Brands 2012/2013 Results|
This year's Cool Brands Top 20 is set to be revealed tomorrow but here is a quick preview for you, hot off the press. Get ready for the Top 20 Cool Brands of 2012-2013!
3 Aston Martin
6 BBC iPlayer
8 Virgin Atlantic
9 Bang & Olufsen
15 Ben & Jerry's
And as you might gather, it is the most affordable list since the poll began back in 2001. The list is compiled following a shortlist of 1200 brands and then vote by 39 key influencers and 3000 members of the British Public.
Here's all the gossip on the emerging trends..
- Almost half the list is made up of technology and media brands (45%), compared with just one quarter last year
- A record amount of online brands made the top 20, highlighting how important connecting and communicating online has become.
- Amongst the highest movers into the top 20 were Twitter, Skype and Nikon, which entered the top 20 for the first time.YouTube was also up eight place from last year, demonstrating connectivity and photo sharing is an important theme for 2012/13.Interestingly,Facebook did not feature in this year’s top 20.
- It’s the most affordable list yet, with 25% of brands free to consumers;YouTube, Google, Twitter, Skype, BBC iPlayer and 15% costing under £10n including; Häagan Dazs, Ben & Jerry’s and Vogue.
- The luxury brands that dominated last year’s list, including; Maserati, Ferrari, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen, have all fallen away from the top 20. Getting a cool fix has become more short term, achievable and affordable.
- 30% of the top 20 were British heritage brands, a slight increase on last year. Overall,a disappointing amount of British brands fill the top 20 with the survey being dominated by international companies.
Moving Up & Down:
- One of the biggest surprises this year is the number of new entries, making up 75% of the top 20. Some of the biggest fallers slipping out the top 20 were Nintendo, PlayStation, Harley Davidson, Maserati, BlackBerry, Agent Provocateur, Vivienne Westwood, Rolex, Dom Pérignon and Ferrari.