I am on a plane without wifi and was thinking about what I could write about without access to any online information. I decided that it was my current glowy makeup routine (I am obsessed with glow) because I realised that I have been using quite a few of the same makeup products without a break and for quite a while. That means I really must like them.
In fact, my current glowy makeup routine features all the products I packed for my holiday and still haven’t unpacked for this press trip I am currently embarking on. It’s everything I used for my Birthday Selfie. A birthday selfie is indulgent I know, but very normal for Instagram, and actually I find these days that a good old selfie gets way more interaction that the regular product shots that I used to stick to.
Because I have been away, I am really behind on my product reviews, and this week my feet barely hit the ground before I was off again. So I thought I’d do a post on my faves, just to make a change and make the most of my time. There are a lot of brand new products in there, so you’ll still get your fix of newness!
I realised while I was away that doing my makeup slowly and indulgently is one of my favourite things about holidays. Because I tend to do a lot and am out and about all the time in my work life, my favourite kind of holidays are those without time pressures and deadlines; the kind where I can spend a whole hour doing my makeup without even knowing that anyone is going to see it. Simply makeup for makeup’s sake!
Glowy Makeup Routine – Current Favourites
So here’s a list of everything I used in my birthday selfie.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream – I mix shades fair and light
- Bobbi Brown Full Cover Concealer – shade Porcelain in the inner and outer corners of the eyes and Warm Ivory under the eyes, around the nose and on the chin
Contour, Blush Highlight
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Contour Wand – I swipe this under my cheekbones, around the temples and along the jawline, then blend with the foundation brush I used for the CC Cream. I set this with the contour shade in Charlotte’s Seductive Beauty Instant Palette (it’s my fave of all three.)
- La Mer Bronzing powder (selling out fast everywhere) – this gives the skin a gorgeous glow and softens the contour for a very natural yet sculpted look. It smells AMAZING and makes my skin feel really soft. It’s also perfect on its own if I skip the contour part.
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand – dabbed on to the cheekbones and cupid’s bow and tapped in with my fingertips. I then set this with a mix of the 2 top left shades in the gorgeous NARS Bord de Plage palette which I absolutely love!
- Ciate Glow To Blush in Matchmaker are great. I like all the shades but Matchmaker was the one I happened to pack for my holiday. I used it most days.
My other current blush favourite is the Glossier Cloud Paint in shade Beam. It’s the prettiest liquid blush I own.
Powder & Set
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed – I am not a huge fan of powder, but I have found one that doesn’t add any texture of cakiness and just makes sure I only shine in the right places. It is also amazing on pores! I use a small powder brush and apply it to the sides of my nose, around my mouth, on my chin and anywhere else that oil tends to break through.
- Nars Velvet Shadow Stick in Nepal – I prime my lids with this and because it’s the prettiest pinky peachy nude, it’s also perfect on its own. Eyeshadow sticks to it beautifully
- Urban Decay Naked Heat palette – completely obsessed with this and I have used to every day since I received it a couple of months back. For everyday I use a mix of Shader and Sauced in the crease to add definition and apply a wash of Lumbre all over the lids. For night I build up the crease colour with Cayenne and En Fuego and then layer up Scorched and Dirty Talk on the outer ‘v’. I like to put a lot on, and I always get compliments on it, which is rare for me as I am no eyeshadow pro!
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Brown(out) – I use this along the waterline and smudged into the lower lashes
- IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara – I use lashings of this. It is amazing. I am also quite partial to the Dior Plump n Volume although I don’t squeeze the tube.
- Glossier Boy Brow in shade Brown. It’s so good – really easy and gives you youthful, fluffy, defined brows that don’t look overdone.
I have a few lip faves at the moment but in my Birthday Selfie, I used:
- Lancome lip liner in Sheer Raspberry
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Love lipstick Raw Sugar – It it literally the pefect pinky nude.
When I fancy something a bit less pink, I have been addicted to the Tom Ford Lip Contour Duo in Public Display. It’s great because it lasts all day and looks incredible. Also it’s super easy because it has a liner on one end and a lipstick on the other. All done for you!
And that’s it for my current glowy makeup routine. I should add, for evening, I swap out the pump of It Cosmetics CC in Light and replace it with the Armani Power Fabric in 4.5. It’s a great foundation and mixes really well with the fair It Cosmetics CC.
Please let me know if you have any questions either here, on twitter or on Instagram. If you follow me on Instagram, this is the makeup that you will mainly have been seeing in my posts and Stories. I hope you like this post. Let me know if you’d like to see more like this.
For all the latest news and reviews, stay tuned to the homepage.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.