*This post contains PR samples and affiliate links
The BaByliss 9000 is the world’s first high performance cordless hair styler. It promises to be as powerful as your best hair tools but free from the fuss of a cord so you can style your hair any time and any place. I have been testing it out, here’s what you need to know.
What is the BaByliss 9000?
This new launch from BaByliss is remarkable for a few reasons. It uses ground-breaking Micro Heating Matrix™ Technology which means it heats up super fast, and has instant heat recovery for constant heat and the smoothest results. If you have ever tried the ‘travel’ version of any heated hair tool, you’ll know this hasn’t ever been possible before.
The 9000 is powered by a lithium-ion battery, apparently made using the same technology as Tesla. This battery delivers instant high power and ensures that the tool performs as well as if it was connected to the mains.
I think the most important thing to report is that this works as well as any high quality straightener I have ever tried. It makes hair instantly sleek, super shiny and it irons out kinks entirely effortlessly.
I don’t use a straightener very often because I much prefer my hair wavy, as you will probably know, but this is potentially the best one I have tried.
I also tested it out using it to curl hair and got on slightly better than I would when I use the ghd straightener. I have to confess, I am rubbish at curling with a straightener. For me, that’s what a tong or wand is for, but I gave it a go anyway and got on OK.
If you were someone that was a whizz at curls with the straightener, I think you’d love this because it glides through the hair, gets nice and hot to create a lovely wave and there’s no cord to get in the way.
All in all, I think this is a brilliant bit of kit and the presentation and packaging is stunning.
The Pros and Cons
I though it might be helpful to quickly weigh up the pros and cons for anyone thinking about investing in this.
- Super powerful
- Gets as hot as a corded tool
- The power stays constant and it doesn’t get less effective as the battery runs down
- Glides through hair and adds shine
- Packaging looks great
- Comes in a sleek case for travel
- Can slip into a tote bag for styling on the go
- You don’t need a power supply near a mirror – so great for hotel rooms
- No cord to get in the way
- Perfect for quick touch ups
- Charges fully in three hours
- Delivers a full 30 minutes of high power styling
- The cost – £250, so £60 more than ghd’s most expensive straightener
- If it takes longer than 30 minutes to style your hair, this won’t be good for you
- You can’t use it while it is charging, so it is out of action for 3 hours
- Slightly heavier than regular straighteners
As you can see, there are far fewer negatives than positives in my opinion, but I think if the cost, and the time you need to style your hair are relevant objections to you, then they are the showstoppers and this tool isn’t for you.
Where to buy the BaByliss 9000 Cordless Straightener
The 9000 is available exclusively at BaByliss.co.uk now for £250. Will this be on your Christmas list?
Also check out:
- GHD Oracle Review, Video Demo & Availability
- How To Dye Your Hair At Home | New Clairol Nice’n Easy | AD
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.