* PR samples. Affiliate links | Fans of Complexion Rescue will be thrilled with this news. Just launched is the brand new bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Foundation Stick. It is a water-based liquid foundation in a stick and I have all the info and shade swatches here.
I am obsessed with foundation, and I love the original Complexion Rescue, so the idea of more of the same but with enhanced coverage is very exciting to me! The original is a real skin treat – a tinted moisturiser with sheer coverage and a lovely dewy finish. If you loved the finish, but needed more coverage, then this is the one for you!
What is bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Foundation Stick?
The key thing about this new formula is that it contains more than 30% enhanced mineral water which is really evident as you apply it. It feels so cooling on the skin:
- Multi-tasking vegan formula
- Contains 30% + mineral water
- Water-based liquid foundation in a stick
- SPF 25 protection
- Hydrating skincare benefits
- Radiant, medium, buildable coverage
- Can be used as a foundation, concealer and to contour
- No flashback
- Available in 20 shades
What’s In It?
So like Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturiser, there is lots of skincare going on and it has been clinically proven to improve skin’s hydration by 118% immediately and 146% after just two weeks. It also works to firm and boost radiance over time:
- Volcanic Mineral Seawater from Jeju Island off the coast of South Korea
- Red Algae which has been shown to possess better hydration properties than Hyaluronic Acid
- Squalane nourishes and helps to prevent moisture loss
- Youth Boost Peptide to firm
- Mineral-Based Sunscreen for SPF protection
- Pollution Protection Complex defends against environmental aggressors, heavy metals and blue light
So not only is this formula super hydrating, it firms, protects from the environment, the sun and blue light (which everyone is talking about at the moment). If you’re on your phone a lot, you’ll be interested in the blue light protection. This formula is a serious multi tasker.
One of the first things I noticed about this foundation is how pleasant it is to apply. It feels instantly cooling, refreshing and hydrating on the skin straight from the stick, and it super easy to blend in. I love the creamy texture and how nourishing it feels on the skin. The finish is lovely and glowy, and I can build up the coverage where I need it, which is mainly the centre of my face.
Without powder, it does wear off a little around the nose, but I am fine with that because it is so easy to top up and blend on the go. However, if you want it to last longer, then I’d suggest setting it in the oilier areas of your face. All in all, I am super pleased with this, and it’s the perfect product to pop in your handbag to ensure you stay looking flawless throughout the day.
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Foundation Stick Swatches
I have the shades swatched for you here. The only sample I couldn’t get access to was Chestnut 09, so apologies for that swatch being missing.
Opal 01, Vanilla 02, Birch 1.5 Vanilla 02, Buttercream 03:
Cashew 3.5, Suede 04, Wheat 4.5, Natural 05:
Bamboo 5.5, Ginger 06, Desert 6.5, Tan 07:
Dune 7.5, Spice 08, Terra 8.5:
Sienna 10, Cinnamon 10.5, Cedar 11, Mahogany 11.5:
I have two shades for my skin tone – 1.5 Birch for all over, and 06 Desert to contour. It’s a fabulous texture to contour with as it’s so easy to blend.
Where can you buy it?
The new Complexion Rescue Hydration Foundation Stick SPF 25 is £29 and available on the bareMinerals website now.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.