*This post contains PR samples and affiliate links
We are about to see a lot more from Burberry makeup in the UK now that it’s under the control of Coty’s UK Luxury PR team and they have retail alliances with Feel Unique and Look Fantastic. I have been testing the brand new Burberry Matte Glow Foundation. Here’s what you need to know with photos and swatches.
Now, I am not usually one for a matte finish but, as the name suggests, this foundation promises glow and luminosity, so I couldn’t wait to try it.
What is Burberry Matte Glow Foundation like?
This is positioned as a new generation of foundation that “perfects the complexion with a luminous matte finish all day long.”
- Innovative second-skin formula
- Blends seamlessly onto the skin for an even complexion
- High concentration of pigments delivers undetectable, high coverage
- Flawless yet natural result
- Enriched with a “life-proof technology” for heat, humidity and pollution resistance
- Spherical powders help keep shine under control
- Light emollients ensure comfortable wear
- Available in 30 shades across cool, neutral & warm tones
- Exclusive to Feel Unique*
Burberry Matte Glow Foundation – THE SHADES
I’m told that Burberry worked with a team of shade experts to create the new shade range for Burberry Matte Glow. There are five colour families – Fair, Light, Medium, Deep, Dark – across three undertones -cool, neutral and warm.
How To find Your Shade
- Select your skin tone intensity from fair to dark – indicated by the shade number (from 10 to 140)
- Choose the skin tone family (fair, light, medium, deep or dark)
- Select your undertone from Cool (rosy tone and burns easily in the sun), Neutral (more evenly toned, not too pink or golden), Warm (golden or olive tone and tans easily in the sun)
Burberry Matte Glow Swatches
I have swatches of the Fair and Light shades to share with you.
10 Fair Cool, 20 Fair Cool, 20 Fair Neutral, 20 Fair Warm:
30 Light Cool, 40 Light Cool, 30 Light Neutral, 40 Light Neutral, 30 Light Warm, 40 Light Warm:
Before & After Photos
The shade I like the best for my skin is 30 Light Neutral as I find that neutral shades work best for me – nothing too pink, nothing too yellow.
In this photo, I have 30 Light Neutral mixed with Burberry’s Fresh Glow Nude Radiance No 1* which is the most beautiful glowy hydrating primer. It gives it extra radiance.
I love how this foundation really perfects my skin – it evens out tone, blurs the appearance of pores and give a soft velvety glow. It lasts really well on my skin without breaking up and I find that it doesn’t need powdering. No powder is always a bonus for me!
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.