* [PR sample] This is Dr Sam Bunting’s first ‘Amplified Active’ and I think it’s going to go down very well indeed. It has been created to target two of our biggest concerns, breakouts and premature ageing. Check out Dr Sam’s Flawless Nightly Serum. Here’s what you need to know!
What is Dr Sam’s Flawless Nightly Serum?
Sam is calling it the serum for people confused by serums. It is a retinoid, but also contains a whole lot of other actives that work together for better skin whether you are worried about wrinkles or acne. Sam says that the majority of her clients have breakout prone skin, but are also conscious of premature ageing.
Also, this is for those of you that have struggled with retinoids. This includes not only not knowing what other actives they can be combined with, but all the classic peeling, irritation and general skin safety concerns.
It’s a gorgeous formulation and has a very clever mix of actives which mimics the layering of lots of different yet compatible serums, but in just one hit! The texture is beautiful – it is light and moussey, and sinks in super fast with zero stickiness.
What is in Dr Sam’s Flawless Nightly Serum?
This is the good part because basically, this is like using four serums in one, without the bother of having to spend the time, or brain power of working out how to layer them and in which order. This is a one hit wonder, and a one stop shop.
Sam calls them four outstanding, multi-tasking actives:
- 2% Granactive Retinoid – the stable ester of gold-standard tretinoin: clears out pores, softens lines & improves skin clarity
- 5% Azelaic Acid – the yeast extract that tackles redness, blemishes & pigmentation
- 1% Bakuchiol – seed extract that behaves like a retinoid, helping blemish-prone skin & premature ageing
- 10% Niacinamide – boosts barrier function, unclogs pores and helps skin tolerate retinoids
From what I can see, it is a dreamy combination and definitely a win for anyone wanting a simple approach to tackling both, or either, premature ageing or blemish prone skin.
I haven’t been able to test this just yet, as I have been carefully using a few products from the Murad Retinol range and getting on really well, and it is important not to use too many different actives. I look forward to trying it out as soon as I can.
Where can you buy it?
The Dr Sam’s Flawless Nightly Serum is £39 and available on the Dr Sam website.
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.