There’s now a Drunk Elephant Retinol Cream called A-Passioni! This is super exciting because not only is Drunk Elephant super hot property in the UK, everyone is talking about Retinol. Here’s what you need to know.
Out now HERE.
Tiffany Masterson, founder of Drunk Elephant, said that when she first launched the brand, she had no intention of including a retinol product because she found it a little scary and there was a lot of misinformation and misconceptions around the product.
She said, ‘I thought it exfoliated skin. It doesn’t. I thought you couldn’t use it during the day. You can. I thought you couldn’t mix it with AHAs. You can. I now know it is a powerhouse of antioxidant that teaches skin cells to act better … and I can’t imagine my life without it.’ Reading that got me very excited for this product!
Drunk Elephant Retinol Cream – A-Passioni Features
So if you are new to retinol, you probably might not want to start here because this is pretty strong. But you could mix it in with other products, in the Drunk Elephant way, to adjust the amount and introduce it slowly.
- Reboots and smooths skin
- Clean, cutting edge formula
- 1% pure vegan retinol
- Blend of superfood-rich ingredients to nourish
- Diminishes appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles & sun damage
- Reveals a vibrant, younger-looking complexion
- Retinol and supportive peptides restore bounce & resilience
- Helps to even out skin tone and texture
- Vitamin F, passionfruit, apricot, marula & jojoba oils replenish essential lipids & moisture
- Antioxidant-packed kale, winter cherry & xanthophylls defend against environmental stressors
- 100% Free of essential oils, silicones and fragrance.
Drunk Elephant describe A-Passioni Retinol Cream as being like a reboot of your skin back to it’s most healthy, youthful state. I am all up for that!
I love the metal tube packaging, and it has been designed to protect the stability and potency of the product, which is light and air- sensitive.
How To Use
You can use Drunk Elephant Retinol Cream day or night and you only need a teeny pea-sized amount. It can be mixed with any DE cream or oil and to start off, you should just use it once or twice a week. You can slowly build up to every other day or night, and then every day if your skin is happy with it.
In terms of a regime with your other products, Tiffany Masterson has a few different suggestions:
- Mix it with the B-Hydra for increased hydration and extra vitamin B
- Blend with C-Firma for day time (improves effectiveness of retinol) followed by an SPF
- Alternate, or mix with TLC Framboos Glycolic at night (AHA clear the way for retinol to really get in there)
Exciting! I am totally up for giving this a try! I have been using the Elizabeth Arden Retinol capsules for a while now, and I feel like I can ramp up the retinol activity! I’ll let you know how I get on.
Drunk Elephant Retinol Cream A-Passioni is available HERE now for £62. You only need a tiny bit so a tube will last months.
Sign up for a launch notification and Drunk Elephant launch updates above. Check out my post on my Drunk Elephant favourites.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.