The excitement for the brand new Glossier Solution Exfoliating Skin Perfector feels like it has literally sprung from nowhere and then completely taken over. Good old Glossier – they certainly know how to get our attention! Solution, which is basically a gentle daily acid exfoliator, isn’t a new concept in skincare, but somehow Glossier manage to make it feel like the game changer we have all been waiting for. I love the way this brand does everything, so I am completely on board! Here’s what you need to know.
First of all, as always with Glossier, I am obsessed with the packaging. From the foil tear bag, to the press down dispenser and the Glossier pink tones, it is literally ticking every box for me. We all knew it would. But what’s more important is that it promises ‘Wow, whose skin is this?’ results in just four weeks!
Glossier Solution Features
- Available HERE now for £19 (if you’re quick, you’ll get free shipping with code SOLUTION if you order cotton rounds too)
- Gently sloughs dead cells away using chemical exfoliation
- Dissolves the bonds gluing problematic dead cells to the healthy skin beneath
- Formulated to be used daily
- Promises a reduction in the appearance of redness, blemishes, and pore size
- Smooths and softens texture
- Balances the skin
- Uses a blend of three acid actives for maximum efficacy
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) – exfoliates skin’s surface
- Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) – performs a deeper penetration to unclog pores
- Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) increases potency while keeping the formula gentle on skin
Glossier Solution Clinical Trial Results
I am unclear as to how many people participated in the clinical trials, but I’m told that 3 out of 4 people said after:
- 24 hours – skin felt cleaner and softer
- 1 Week – skin looked smoother, brighter, and clearer
- 2 Weeks – pores looked smaller and skin looked glowy
- 3 Weeks – pores were unclogged and the appearance of redness was reduced with more even skintone
- 4 Weeks – 7 out of 10 people said skin looked transformed
I’ve seen lots of before and after shots on social media already, and it does look convincing but I haven’t been able to test it myself yet. I have been trying the new and rather potent acid serum from Omorovicza, Acid Fix, which is a night time treatment, and it doesn’t pay to use too much acid on the skin.
Today, I gave it a quick go, and it’s really nice to use and I think it will be a brilliant addition for someone who isn’t already using acid in their regime.
It could replace Pixi’s Glow Tonic, or The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid Toning Solution (which is just AHA so not as complex). The product it is most similar to from The Ordinary is the AHA BHA Peel which this is a treatment for just a couple of times a week, and cannot be used daily.
Availability (& free shipping & cotton pads)
Glossier Solution is £19 for 130ml and available HERE now. Grab it while you can because this has ‘sell out’ written all over it!! You can also get Glossier cotton pads here, because…why not?! And you get can t free shipping when you order Solution & cotton rounds for a limited time. Just use code SOLUTION.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.