There has been so much confusion around the new Ambient Lighting Edit palette launching from Hourglass, and the reason is, there are two! I get it now! We have the Edit 4 palette coming in October but first we have this one, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette. I have all the info right here.
So I have been getting lots of questions about the Hourglass launches for Holiday 2018 and I haven’t really known the answer until now! The thing is, there’s usually one palette, and I saw it at the Space NK Press Day and swatched featured it. That one was the Ambient Lighting Edit 4 Palette, and it launches in October (full details in that post).
This year is a bit special for Hourglass because they have made a pledge to become completely vegan by 2020 (they are already 80% of the way there) and to celebrate they are launching the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette which features a special new symbol with an ‘H’ and a bunny to signify the brand’s support of the Nonhuman Rights Project.
This new symbol shows when products are 100% vegan and the Holiday 2018 launches will be the first to have it. More importantly, Hourglass will be donating 5% of the profits from the sale of the Unlocked palette to the Nonhuman Rights Project. As an aside, the Unlocked name was inspired by the documentary Unlocking the Cage which moved Hourglass founder Carisa Janes to action.
Anyway, on to the palette itself!
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette Features
- Six new & exclusive shades including two new shades of Ambient Lighting Powders in versatile complexion
- Formulated with pure Photoluminescent Technology to capture, diffuse and soften surrounding
- Works to make skin appear softer, younger and lit from within
- 5% of profits from the sale of this palette will support the Nonhuman Rights Project
- Available HERE
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Shades
- Soft Light Ambient Lighting Powder
- Filtered Light Ambient Lighting Powder
- Golden Bronze Light Ambient Lighting Powder
- Nude Glow Ambient Lighting Blush
- Mood Flush Ambient Lighting Blush
- Champagne Strobe Light Ambient Metallic Strobe Lighting Powder
I haven’t seen this in the flesh yet, but am on the list for a sample so can hopefully share swatches with you soon. Stay tuned! It looks amazing though, so I have full faith that it’s excellent!
The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Unlocked Palette is £69 and available HERE.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.