I love the way Laura Mercier does skin, so I was super excited to try the brand new Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Radiance Perfecting Foundation. I have swatches and before and after photos for you.
Although this foundation has a very long name, it definitely has a very appealing name that includes all the things that I personally want from a foundation!
Laura Mercier Flawless Lumiere Foundation Features
The keys points the brand is focusing on is ’15 hours hydration. Weightless medium to full coverage. Naturally luminous finish.’ LOVE.
- Delivers a perfectly glowing finish that looks luminous in any light
- Immediate glow & improved natural luminosity within 1 week
- Vitamin C boosts skin’s luminosity, revealing brighter, clearer & more even toned skin over time
- Skin appears more even & the appearance of dark spots are reduced after 4 weeks of use
- Provides 15 hours of hydration & moisturisation to visibly smooth & soften skin
- Powered by Silver Ear Mushroom Extract (400 times as moisturising as Sodium Hyaluronate) to hydrate & smooth skin instantly, for maximum skin comfort
- Super Crystal Clear Pearl has a super-fine texture with a flat surface for strong light reflecting effect
- Replenishes skin while softening the look of fine lines & wrinkles
- Weightless medium to full coverage formula
- Second skin look and feel
- Flexible polymers melt into skin to create a longwearing coverage
- Colour-true pigments resist oxidation
- Naturally luminous finish
- Ideal for all skin types, especially normal to dry
- Available in 30 shades
So this foundation has a soft glowy finish, rather than super dewy, but it is also rather good at minimising the look of pores which I wasn’t expecting when I read the description at all. Pore perfecting is sometimes rare with more luminous finishes. This is a big win for me. The creamy texture works really well on my combination skin and it melts in easily when applied with fingers.
I have read some feedback that it might not work too well on dry skins which is surprising as it is positioned as a moisturising formula.
In terms of shades, I have to confess that I always find it a bit tricky to work out my match when it comes to Laura Mercier foundation. I was sent three shades, and surprisingly I actually found a really good foundation match with a shade that I thought would be too light. I think this might be one that you have to go to counter and try before you commit.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.