* [PR samples. Affiliate links] There’s a brand new high impact lip colour coming from MAC and you won’t have to compromise on care. Check out MAC Shot of Colour Lip Oil. I have photos and swatches.
So if you’re thinking that there’s already a lip oil from MAC then you’re right. There was the Hint of Colour Lip Oil which I believe has now been discontinued to make way for this souped up version.
What is MAC Shot of Colour Lip Oil?
The tagline for this collection is, “for soft lips, go hard on colour” and it’s all about a high pigment finish that’s formulated to condition the lips.
- Highly pigmented oil-based lip colour
- High gloss shine
- Moisturising, ultra-nourishing formula
- Long lasting wear
- Leave lips tinted once shine has gone
- Unique curved lip-hugging applicator for even distribution
- Available in 14 shades
Shades and Swatches
So there are 14 vibrant shades in the collection:
- Bang Bang Baby – salmon pink
- K-Pop Boyfriend – bright pink
- Pocketful of Sunshine – true coral
- Shots Shots Shots! – bright orange
- Shock Culture – soft rose pink
- Office Fling – electric pinkish red
- Completely Blasted – bright reddish pink
- Flash Me! – classic red
- Whirled Tour – soft fuchsia pink
- Punch-Drunk Love – soft pinkish coral
- So Full On – cool deep red
- Hit Me Up – deep mauvey rose
- Let’s Go Streakin’ – terracotta red
- Emotional Outburst – deep reddened berry
I have shades Flash Me, Punch Drunk Love and Pocketful of Sunshine:
Punch Drunk Love:
Pocketful of Sunshine:
The formula is super comfortable on the lips, and the curved applicator makes application precise and easy. You can go for a light wash with a hint of colour and a soft sheen, or layer it up for deeper colour and intensified shine.
It’s perfect if you love colour but also want the skincare element when it comes to lips. What’s really nice is that even when the gloss has worn off, lips are still feeling hydrated and there’s a flattering tint of the shade.
When is MAC Shot of Colour Lip Oil Available?
The new lips oils cost £19 each and are available from 4th July 2019 exclusively at:
Please let me know if you have any questions, and stay tuned to the homepage and Instagram for news on all the latest launches and products. The Facebook page is here and make sure you also find me on YouTube.
Unless otherwise indicated products reviewed are press or brand examples. Links may be affiliated links which means that if you make a purchase though one of our links we receive a small commission which helps support and run this website.